If the child answered “YES” to ONE symptom in question 4:
- Keep your child home and monitor for 24 hours.
- If their symptom is improving after 24 hours, they can return to school and activities when they feel well enough to go. Testing is not necessary.
- If the symptom does not improve or worsens after 24 hours (or if additional symptoms emerge), use the AHS Online Assessment Tool or call Health Link 811 to check if testing is recommended.
If the child answered “YES” to TWO OR MORE symptoms in question 4:
- Keep your child home.
- Use the AHS Online Assessment Tool or call Health Link 811 to determine if testing is recommended.
- Your child can return to school and activities once their symptoms go away as long as it has been at least 24 hours since their symptoms started.
If the child answered “NO” to all questions:
- Your child may attend school, childcare and/or other activities.
Please note: If your child is experiencing any symptoms from the lists above, do not bring them to visit a continuing care or acute care facility for 10 days from when symptoms started or until symptoms resolve (whichever is longer), unless they receive a negative COVID-19 test result and feel better.